In addition to the medical services vital to the decision-making process, there are some other important aspects of a healthcare facility that you should keep in mind.
Healthcare facilities are an important part of the continuum of care following a hospital stay. Once it has been determined that you or your loved one needs nursing or rehabilitation care, the next step is to find the right place to receive the right care.
There are no set rules for selecting a particular care center. At our center, we think a number of things should be considered.
Click here to download a more detailed comparison checklist for your nursing home visits.
- Do they offer admissions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- Is the facility clean?
- Do the services and amenities meet the needs of your loved one?
- Is the staff attentive to resident needs? Are they courteous?
- Are the activity programs interesting? Do they encourage community involvement?
- Is the food appetizing? Are residents offered a choice of meals?
- Is the dining atmosphere pleasant?
- Are the buildings and grounds well maintained?
- Is family involvement encouraged and supported?
- Are resident rooms comfortable and well-lit?
- Is the environment â€œhome-likeâ€?
- Do residents have access to a phone or phone hook-up?
- Is there a focus on dignity and quality of life?
- Is resident privacy protected?
- Are the rates competitive?
- Does the facility offer pre-admission and financial counseling?
- Does the facility have Therapy 7 days per week?
Schedule a tour at Wayne County Nursing Home & Rehab Center in Lyons, NY to ask questions and meet our excellent staff.
Click here to download a more detailed comparison checklist for your nursing home visits